What all material does Ecosmith recycle?
As clothing, shoe, and textile recyclers, we aim to provide quality, usable material to groups all over the world. We ask that you kindly ensure that donations are clean and dry, and, in order to make processing more efficient, we also ask that items be placed into any variety of plastic bag and tied closed. Thank you for your support and for your thoughtful donation.
Items We Recycle:
- Tops (T-shirts, blouses, shirts, tank tops)
- Outerwear (coats, jackets, blazers)
- Bottoms (pants, slacks, jeans, sweatpants, skirts, shorts)
- Bathing suits
- Dish cloths
- Cloth napkins
- Table linens
- Throw rugs
- Decorative pillows
- Heels (wedges, pumps)
- Flip Flops
- Boots (work boots, dress boots, winter boots)
- Bags (pocketbooks, backpacks, duffle bags, totes)
- Stuffed animals and other plush toys
- Halloween costumes
- Sports jerseys
- Rags (non-contaminated)
Unsuitable for Recycling:
- Non-textile and non-shoe
- All wet items
- Anything contaminated by oil, grease, or any other chemical
- Items that are covered by large amounts of animal dander or fur
- All items contaminated by food or waste products
- Recyclable metal, paper, and plastic (all of which should be taken to their respective town recycling facilities)
- Construction waste
- Bed pillows
What happens to the material that gets donated?
We are extremely proud to be in a position to provide these items to various groups around the world. Not only that, but we get to do so while also keeping millions of pounds of material out of the local waste stream.
Knowing what we are able to recycle, you might also be curious as to what happens next.